Stone Fireplace Surrounds with Mantels
Get a custom stone veneer fireplace facing with built-in shelves and storage.
Warm up on those cold Wisconsin winter days in front of a beautiful fireplace with a stone surround. From granite mantel shelf designs to quartz hearths, our custom stone fireplace surrounds are durable, elegant and low-maintenance. Handcrafted and hand-polished, our fireplace stonework improves the look of any home or business.
Get the look you want with a beautiful custom stone surround. Visit our natural stone showroom to see a variety of colors of granite and marble. You can pick out a slab or style for yourself or consult with our experienced designers.
Stone Slabs for Fireplace Hearths
Get a natural stone hearth slab crafted to fit perfectly in front of your fireplace. Granite Plus works with an extensive network of the best stone suppliers to provide Wisconsin home and business owners with the best quality, selection and prices.
We create custom stone fireplace facings & hearth slabs from:
We can also fabricate custom hearths from soapstone or quartzite. Our fabricators will cut the stone slab of your choice into any shape. We also offer radius work for corners and edges, including bullnose, beveled or chiseled edges.
Enjoy the beauty of nature no matter the weather with a modern granite fireplace surround.
3 reasons we love granite fireplace surrounds
It’s hard to come up with a better choice than a granite slab for custom fireplace facings and hearths. Smooth, timelessly chic and impervious to heat and water, granite is a no-fail way to enhance any type of fireplace in a residential or commercial space.
- Granite comes in a wide array of colors and patterns. If you don’t see exactly what you want in our slab selection, we can work with our nationwide network of stone suppliers to source your stone.
- Granite is 100% natural and extremely durable. Your granite fireplace surround will look beautiful for as long as you own your home (and longer).
- Granite makes a memorable design statement. Turn an overlooked brick fireplace into a contemporary focal point with a custom granite surround.
Granite resists scratching, is low maintenance, and will never discolor from exposure to heat. We custom make granite fireplace surrounds in any size or shape at a lower cost than anyone else.
Stone Fireplace Mantel Shelves
Add a natural stone mantel shelf above your fireplace or anywhere in your home. We can create a fireplace mantel shelf and additional matching stone shelves, window ledges or a coffee table from the same stone to tie the room together.
Get a custom granite, marble or quartz mantel shelf made for your existing fireplace surround, or as part of your new stone fireplace surround from Granite Plus.
Stone Veneer Fireplaces
Natural stacked stone veneer fireplaces are available a wide range of colors, textures and sizes. Stone veneer panels can be custom cut and installed over an old brick fireplace facing, making the whole room look more modern. While we can source stone veneer and stacked stone for you, we do not specialize in their installation.
Stacked stone fireplace ideas:
Stacked stone fireplace surround with mantel shelf & tile hearth.
- Transform a small or dated fireplace by using stacked stone to add an arch or decorative frame
- Add a floor-to-ceiling stacked stone fireplace façade for a dramatic look
- Choose white or light grey stone veneer to maximize light around a dark corner fireplace
- Save space and create a powerful focal point by mounting your TV on the wall above a stone fireplace surround
- Add dimension and drama with a three-sided fireplace surround, turning your flush-with-the-wall fireplace into a standout (literally)
- Make the most of an open floorplan with a standalone or multi-sided fireplace wrapped in stone veneer panels.
- Enjoy more time in the fresh air by updating your outdoor fireplace with a natural stacked stone surround.
Stone Surrounds for Stoves, Doors, Windows & More
Custom fabricated stone surrounds enhance the appearance of many different aspects in a home, not just traditional indoor fireplaces.
Granite Plus stone fabricators create beautiful custom stone surrounds for:
- Gas fireplaces
- Electric fireplaces
- Outdoor fireplaces
- Wood stoves, inset stoves
- Log burners
- Gas grills
- Wood burners
Granite, marble and other natural stone surrounds work equally well in modern homes, cabins, living rooms, basements, and around fireplaces in a corner or in the middle of the room. No matter where you need a custom stone surround, (how about around your hot tub?) Granite Plus will deliver the highest quality stone finished with beautiful craftsmanship. Get a quote today!
Cleaning Stone Fireplaces
Classic white marble fireplace facing with matching hearth.
Depending on the type of stone used, your fireplace hearth could require different kinds of care and cleaning.
How to Clean a Granite Fireplace
Granite, while durable, can be stained, scratched, or scorched if not cleaned properly. Wipe up spills, ash, and dust with a soft, damp sponge or cloth, and avoid leaving hot fireplace pokers on the granite. It’s generally best to clean your granite fireplace hearth every week to keep it looking its best:
- Use a bowl of warm water mixed with a small amount of dish soap
- With the soft side of a sponge, wipe down the granite and scrub any tough spots or grout lines
- Replace the soapy water with clean water
- Wipe down the granite again to remove all soap
- Dry the hearth with a clean, soft towel
Some people choose to perform a more thorough cleaning monthly using special granite cleaner. To remove stains from granite, try making a poultice.
How to Clean a Marble Fireplace
Marble is a naturally porous stone, meaning it tends to absorb liquids and spills and is prone to staining. Like granite, marble is best cleaned with a soft cloth or sponge rather than abrasive scrubbers, brushes, or cleaning chemicals.
- Brush off dust, dirt, and ash with a soft cloth
- Wipe down the marble using distilled water and a clean cloth, paying special attention to stains
- If any soot or marks remain, remove stains from marble with a poultice or special marble cleaner