Granite & Quartz Countertops for Outdoor Kitchens in Milwaukee
Affordable granite for outdoor bar countertops, gills & tables
Granite Plus is Wisconsin's leading supplier of granite, natural stone, concrete and alternative materials for:
- Outdoor kitchen countertops/bar tops
- Outdoor floor tiles/paving stones
- Exterior wall cladding/veneers
- Fire pits
- Stair treads
- Patio table tops
Granite, travertine, quartzite and other stones give your outdoor kitchen a classic yet eye-catching look. Granite Plus offers truly competitive prices and a wide range of colors and textures.
Our experienced designers, fabricators and installers work with homeowners and contractors on residential and commercial projects throughout Wisconsin. Contact Granite Plus for a fast, free estimate today.
What’s the best countertop material for an outdoor kitchen?
Natural stone works well for outdoor projects because it endures a wide range of temperatures including freeze/thaw conditions.
The best materials for outdoor countertops include:
- Granite: It’s durable, beautiful, comes in a variety of hues and often contains flecks of sparkly quartz. Choose the same granite style for your indoor and outdoor kitchens for a luxury look. Even exposed to the elements, granite won’t fade or etch.
- Quartzite: Natural quartzite is also an excellent outdoor countertop material. Much like granite it’s tough, hard and will last a long time with minimal maintenance. Quartz, an engineered stone, is not recommended for outdoor use as the resin and colorants can discolor with UV exposure.
- Slate: Slate can work well outdoors but it’s important to choose a high-quality slab to avoid problems like staining, scratching and cracking. We work with the top stone suppliers and can help you track down a type of slate suitable for outdoor use.
- Limestone: Limestone is a popular choice for patios and outdoor kitchens because it’s attractive, affordably priced and doesn’t require installation of a substrate. Because limestone is porous, you’ll definitely need a good sealant to prevent stains.
- Concrete: Concrete is resilient and versatile and withstands harsh conditions. Easy to clean and hard to stain, concrete doesn’t quite have the classic appeal of natural stone but for those who like the look it’s a convenient choice.
- Stone laminates are durable, waterproof and made from real natural stone. Get the stone texture and look you love with faster installation.
With proper care your outdoor countertop will look beautiful for many years.
Caring for your outdoor granite countertops in winter
Many people ask if granite will crack in cold weather. A severe freeze-thaw cycle can lead to cracks in an outdoor granite countertop.
For this reason it’s important to seal your outdoor stone countertops regularly to prevent moisture getting in.
Many people cover their outdoor kitchen fixtures to protect the sealant and the countertop from snow and ice. If your outdoor kitchen has a sink you should also drain and close off the pipes before winter.
Best Sealant for Outdoor Granite
Granite Plus recommends and uses InvisaBLOCK on newly installed granite countertops. InvisaBLOCK is an industry-leading sealant and is used widely in the stone fabrication industry.
InvisaBLOCK sealant creates an invisible barrier above and below the surface for maximum stain protection. InvisaBLOCK does not change the appearance of your stone and comes with a 15 year warranty.
Can you use marble outside?
Weather-resistant natural stone stays beautiful with minimal upkeep.
Most types of marble used for countertops and floor tiles work better indoors than out.
If you do choose to use marble outside it’s important to steer clear of polished marble which will quickly lose its shine when exposed to the elements.
Marble slabs with a somewhat textured surface work better outdoors, though extra care is required to keep them looking their best.
Outdoor granite countertop installation in Milwaukee, Waukesha, Port Washington, Oak Creek & surrounding areas
Granite Plus is southeast Wisconsin's leading supplier of granite, marble, quartz and other natural stones for outdoor & indoor use. We have the lowest prices on custom fabricated stone, meeting the needs of everyday homeowners and small business owners throughout the greater Milwaukee area.
Contact our experienced designers and fabricators to discuss the best type of stone for what you have in mind. We’re happy to answer your questions and help you choose the right material for your outdoor kitchen or patio.